Where can I buy boxes for shipping?
Whether you’re shipping household goods or something you sold online, you need a good box to ensure it travels safely. It’s important to choose a one that’s the right size, is constructed well, and is made for shipping. But you also don’t want to spend an arm and a leg! Let’s look at where you can find affordable boxes, how to pick the right box, and what packing supplies you need to add to your order.
Shipping boxes for sale
Find what you need in the U-Pack Box Store. We sell sturdy, high-quality boxes that are made specifically for shipping. They’re professional-grade, which means better protection for your items. Constructed of sturdy corrugated cardboard, they give you the stability you need to ensure your shipment arrives safely. We have boxes for sale including box assortment kits, specialty cartons, and traditional standard sizes. All orders ship fast – most orders arrive in just 1-3 business days! Each order also comes with FREE shipping.
Types of boxes for packing
There are a few different options when it comes to finding the right equipment to safely pack your belongings. Take a look at the selection you’re able to choose from:
Standard Box Sizes. Our standard shipping boxes come in small, medium, large, and extra large.
- Small shipping boxes. Small boxes are 16” x 12” x 12” and come in packs of 15 or 25. These are ideal for books, CDs, and other small items.
- Medium shipping boxes. Medium boxes are 18” x 14” x 12” and are available in quantities of 10 or 20. This size is great for everything from small appliances to knick-knacks."
- Large shipping boxes. Large boxes are 20” x 20” x 15” and come in bundles of 6 or 12. They’re ideal for larger items like electronics.
- Extra large shipping boxes. Our extra large boxes are 23” x 23” x 16” and come in groups of 10. These boxes are great for big items like sporting goods.
Specialty packing boxes. Created with odd-shaped items or special pieces in mind, specialty boxes make for a perfect fit.
- Wardrobe boxes. Wardrobe boxes come with a 24” long hanging rack, so you can transfer clothing on hangers directly into the box. These boxes are 24” x 24” x 40” and come in packs of 3.
- Kitchen boxes. For shipping kitchen items like glasses or small figurines, kitchen boxes are great. We have large cartons, inserts, or kits that help you partition your items for safe shipping.
- Picture/mirror boxes. Choose from two different sizes of picture boxes: 30” x 40” and 40” x 60”. These boxes are adjustable, so you can size them to fit exactly around your art or mirror. Medium size boxes come in sets of 5, and large size boxes come in sets of 3. We also carry picture covers to protect your pictures before packing.
- TV shipping boxes. TV boxes come in three sizes: up to 32”, up to 60”, and up to 70”. Each size is adjustable to fit your TV.
- Lamp boxes. With dimensions at 12” x 12” x 48”, they’re ideal for packing more than just lamps (think golf clubs or other tall items). Lamp boxes come in packs of 5.
- Office/file boxes. Paige Miracle File boxes are easy to assemble and include a tight fitting lid. Our file boxes are 15” x 12” x 10” and come in quantities of 6 or 12.
You’ll also find several different box assortments in the U-Pack Store, so if you need multiple sizes, check those out.
Don’t forget the shipping supplies
Even with the sturdiest boxes, you’ll need some packing material to keep your items from shifting around. We offer all standard shipping supplies (and then some!):
- Bubble Wrap®- Bubble Wrap® is available in individual bubble bags or rolls of small, medium, and large bubble. Small bubbles are great for surface protection, medium bubbles are ideal for shock absorption, and large bubbles make great filler. Bubble bags have small bubbles and feature a self-closing adhesive.
- Foam wrap - Foam wrap is great for protecting dishware, glasses, or other fragile items during shipping, and comes in rolls with perforation every 12”. Foam wrap is available in 50’ and 150’ rolls.
- Packing paper – Packing paper is practically a necessity for shipping. Not only can you wrap items and protect them using this clean, thin paper, but you can also use packing paper to fill empty spaces in the box to keep everything in its place. Our packing paper is available in packages of 10 lbs., 25 lbs., 50 lbs., and 100 lbs.
- Packing tape –Packing tape ties it all together by keeping each box securely closed during transit. Add a few rolls of tape (and a dispenser or two) to your total box order.
Packing a Box
Once you gather you’re the supplies, it’s time to get packing. Here’s how:
1.Prep your box. Start by taping the box seams well to ensure proper assembly
2.Wrap the item. Using your shipping supplies, wrap the item carefully
3.Fill gaps in the box. Use packing paper to fill empty spaces in the box to prevent items from shifting.
4.Seal the box well. Close the box and tape over the top seam.
5.Label each carton. If you’re shipping household goods, label the room that the box belongs to. If you’re shipping items in the mail, clearly mark it with the address. Write neatly and legibly using a dark marker.
6.Add postage, if necessary. If you’re shipping through the mail, don’t forget the postage!
If you need a quote for household goods shipping, click to get a free moving quote from U-Pack.