List of Things NOT to Pack
Did you know some household items can’t be transported in U-Pack® equipment? While most of your things will be safe to pack, your shipment shouldn’t include anything poisonous, flammable, corrosive or perishable. Common examples are cleaning supplies, motor oil and fireworks. Either use these items, give them away or dispose of them properly before moving.
Such items include, but are not limited to:
- Some items can be easily moved with you. Find out how to move firearms and ammunition, houseplants and pets.
- We strongly recommend throwing away any liquids in open containers.
- Internal combustion engines or small outdoor equipment (like lawnmowers) can be shipped, but you must drain all fluids (gasoline or diesel, motor oil, etc.) before loading.
- If you ship used outdoor household articles from a federally regulated gypsy moth area to a non-regulated area, you must certify that the used outdoor articles have been inspected and do not contain gypsy moth egg masses. Any questionable items should not be shipped. A completed Gypsy Moth/Insect Inspection Checklist must be provided to U-Pack before equipment dispatch.
- Federal and State law enforcement agencies frequently inspect our trailers and facilities for the presence of illegal shipments. U-Pack fully cooperates with all law enforcement agencies conducting investigations in the trafficking of illegal substances.
If you have any questions about what’s allowed, please contact us at 877-453-7274.