Moving from Nashville, TN to Orlando, FL
Moving from Nashville, TN to Orlando, FL
You’ll surely love moving from Nashville to Orlando, “The City Beautiful”!
It’s time to leave the capital of The Volunteer State and trade it for something beautiful! The City of Orlando is Florida’s fifth-largest city, located inland with 249,562 residents who love their sunny home. The Theme Park Capital of the World is known far and wide for being home to the Walt Disney World Resort, the Universal Orlando Resort, SeaWorld, Wet ‘n Wild Water Park, and Gatorland! However, theme parks aren’t the only attraction to Orlando. Thanks to the city’s 52 million tourist visits every year, Orlando and the surrounding metro area cities of Davenport, Kissimmee, Altamonte Springs, and Winter Park, as well as the 2.1 million people living there have caught on to the craze, making the area much more accessible to locals and tourists alike! The symbol of Orlando, the fountain at Lake Eola, might as well be the Fountain of Youth, for everyday in sunny Florida makes you feel like a kid again! Come on down!
The trip from Nashville to Orlando
- To successfully make the trip to your new home in the center of The Sunshine State, you must first drive 689 miles, a feat that will cost you 10 hours and 15 minutes of your time!
- The trip won’t be bad, especially if you choose to busy yourself along the way! Cities like Chattanooga, Atlanta, Macon, and Gainesville are ones you’ll pass—did someone say fun?
- Don’t miss Chattanooga’s Lookout Mountain featuring Rock City & the adjacent Ruby Falls! When in Atlanta, stop by the Georgia Aquarium, Zoo Atlanta, or the World of Coca-Cola!
- Macon isn’t far from Atlanta; check out the Ocmulgee National Monument or the Museum of Arts and Sciences! Gainesville has the Hippodrome & Devil’s Millhopper Geological Park!
The climate in Orlando
- Orlando’s transitional climate aspires to be tropical, but hangs on the fringes of a humid subtropical climate like Nashville. You’ll soon learn of Florida’s two seasons: hot & hotter!
- Spring and autumn are warm and balmy. Spring is the driest season and prone to the occasional wildfire, while autumn varies from year to year with sneaky cold fronts aplenty!
- Mid-June marks the start of daily summer thunderstorms. While sometimes violent, these relieve stifling temperatures, like the July average high of 91.8 degrees F or record 101!
- The aforementioned cold fronts send warm winter averages of 52 and 49 F to their frigid deaths reaching 32 F by mid-December! Watch out for sub-freezing mornings!
- Orlando’s primary interstate highway is I-4, starting in Tampa & ending in Daytona Beach! Other important roads include Florida’s Turnpike, East-West Expressway & Beachline 528!
- Traffic is a daily problem, especially for those communing from northern suburbs or into a tourist area. Keep up-to-date by dialing 5-1-1 before going out or get the Tele-Traffic app!
- LYNX is the regional local transit provider for Orange, Osceola, Seminole, Volusia, & Lake counties, with buses on 66 routes, 84,000+ riders and more than 4,440 stops each day!
- Taxis are easily hailed on regular basis by a throng of independently owned cab companies such as United Taxi and Mears Transportation, or they can be found near all major resorts!
Learn in Orlando
- Orange County Public Schools handles public primary and secondary education, while such schools as Forest Lake Academy, Orlando Christian Prep & The First Academy are private!
- Attain higher education in such area institutions as University of Central Florida, Florida A&M University College of Law, Valencia College and Seminole State College of Florida!
- Full Sail University, Strayer University, Herzing College, Belhaven University, Adventist University of Health Sciences & Keiser University serve as private Orlando institutions!
Good eats and great fun in Orlando
- Primo is upscale Italian-Mediterranean with a Saltimbocca kick, Vito’s Chop House delivers a mean Lobster Fra Diablo, and Brio Tuscan Grille has a Chicken Milanese that bites back!
- Nagoya Sushi’s Spicy Hamachi Usuzukuri and Uni Shots satisfy, Ming Bistro has the best Dim Sum Dumplings in town, and Amura’s sushi Rolls Royce will have you saying barioishii!
- Seasons 52 has a Cedar Plank Salmon that’ll have you swimming upstream, Roy’s Butter Fish and Ahi Tuna scream Hawaii & the Fabulous Filet Mignon at Charley’s is but a dream!
- Ethos Vegan has Pecan Encrusted Eggplant even for the omnivores, Agave Azul is modern Mexican in all its authenticity, & the Mama Ling Ling at Pom Pom’s will have you cheering!
- Shopping is a must at The Florida Mall, Orlando’s largest with over 200 shops! The Mall at Millenia is trendy, upscale & beautiful, but don’t forget Little Saigon or the many outlets!
- Fragrant flora and more can be found at Harry P. Leu Gardens, see the works of Louis Comfort Tiffany at Charles Hosmer Morse Museum of American Art, or visit Disney World!
- Aquatica, Holy Land, and Discovery Cove are three more theme parks in Orlando, Basilica of Mary is an extravagant Catholic spectacle and the Orlando Magic play at Amway Center!
- Relax in the company of swans at Lake Eola, hang out on Orange Avenue in Downtown, golf at any of 21 fairways, play tennis at three courts, or experience the Enzian Theater!
Let U-Pack help you get there. We're an easy, affordable moving service that specializes in DIY moving. You pack and load, but we do all the driving. You can relax and travel with your family in your own vehicle, instead of behind the wheel of a rental truck. Get a free moving quote online or by calling 844-362-5303844-594-3077. Take a look at our extensive coverage area here.