Moving from Miami, FL to Boston, MA
Are you moving from Miami, FL to Boston, MA?
Boston is a beautiful city located in eastern Massachusetts, on the east coast. The city is not only the capital of Massachusetts, but is also the economic and cultural center of New England! The city is one of the oldest in the United States, and it is steeped in history, the famous New England culture, and simply a great place to live! You will not regret making the move from Miami, FL to Boston, MA!
What will you experience after moving from Miami to Boston?
The following information will give you everything you need to know to see why making the move from Miami, FL to Boston, MA will be the best decision you will ever make!
- Climate – Boston has a climate similar to the rest of New England, with warm, humid summers, and cold, snowy winters. Average summer highs tend to be in the 80s, while winter lows are in the mid-20s. Due to it’s location on the East Coast, Boston receives around 43 inches of rain, and 45 inches of snow annually.
- Population – The city of Boston has a population of approximately 626,000 people, while the Greater Boston Metropolitan Area has a population of over 7.6 million!
- Education – Boston, and the surrounding area, is served by the Boston Public School System which is the oldest public school system operating 145 public schools (including Boston Latin School, the oldest public high school in the United States), and enrolls over 57,000 students. Several major colleges and universities are located in Boston (including: Boston University, Boston Conservatory of Fine Arts, and the New England School of Law), and are ranked in top spots year after year.
- Entertainment – Boston is steeped in history, and that famous New England culture. The fine arts district in Boston is one of the oldest in the country with some of the most ornate theatres and concert halls in the United States! There are numerous art galleries, museums, and performing arts groups holding hundreds of plays, concerts, and musicals throughout the year. There is also a large sports presence in the city being the home of the Boston Red Sox, and Fenway Park.
- Economy – The city’s economy is based mainly on the local colleges, the state government, and the local retail and service industries. Boston is also a large hub for the high-tech industry, as well as a financial/banking center. The college students alone contribute over $363 billion into the area’s economy each year through the local service and retail businesses. Located on the east coast, Boston is also a major shipyard fueling the shipping industry.
- Work – The top employers in Boston include: Boston University, Milken Institute, Houghton Mifflin, and Martin’s Press. The average commuter in Boston will have a commute time of anything between 25 and 30 minutes.
Welcome to Fantastic Boston, MA!
You will gain a greatly new way of life by making the move from Miami, FL to Boston, MA! Boston is a much larger city than Miami, and therefore offers much more than Miami ever could! You will absolutely love your new home in Boston, MA!
Discover how U-Pack can help you move from Miami to Boston. We're a service where you pack and load, but we handle the driving. It's easy! Check out our nationwide coverage area here.