Moving from Miami, FL to Austin, TX
Are you moving from Miami, FL to Austin, TX?
Austin is a fantastic city located in central Texas, and is also the state capitol! Often referred to as the life music capitol of the world, the city is known for its independent spirit, and liberal lifestyles of many of the city’s residents. You will not regret making the move from Miami, FL to Austin, TX!
What will life be like after moving from Miami to Austin?
The following information will give you everything you need to know to see why moving from Miami, FL to Austin, TX will be the best decision you have ever made!
- Climate – Austin has a climate similar to the rest of Central Texas: hot, humid summers, and cold to mild winters. Summer highs are usually in the upper 90s, while winter lows never go lower than the 30s. The area receives around 34 inches of rain, and snow is uncommon. Winter months, however, may experience winter ice storms forcing the city to basically shut down for a day or so.
- Population – Austin has a population of approximately 820,000 people, and the Austin Metropolitan Area has a population of over 1.7 million! Between the year 2000 and 2006, the city was also the third fastest growing city in the United States!
- Education – Austin is served by the Austin Independent School District which operates 124 schools, and enrolls over 86,000 students. The school district in Austin represents the high amount of education, and well-trained labor pool to come in the near future. Several of the schools in the area receive the highest scores in the state of Texas! There are several major universities and colleges in Austin including: University of Texas at Austin, St. Edward’s College, and a branch of Park University.
- Entertainment – Austin is frequently called the “Live Music Capitol of the World,” and for good reason, the city has one of the highest numbers of musicians per capita in the United States! Austin is also known throughout the nation for its liberal culture, and the city’s slogan of “Keep Austin Weird” is seen all throughout the city. Alongside the amateur artists, Austin also has several world-renowned performing arts groups having concerts, plays, and musicals throughout the year! You will never get bored living in a city like Austin!
- Economy – The economy of Austin is primarily based on the high-tech industry, as well as the biotechnology industry. The University of Texas at Austin has a very large graduate program, and because of that fact, several high-tech companies have set up head-quarters in the city. Austin is also called the Silicon Hills due to the large amount of high-tech industries present in the city.
- Work – The top employers in Austin include: IBM, Dell, Xerox, and ArthroCare. The average commuter in Austin has a commute time of anything between 20 and 25 minutes.
Welcome to Austin, TX!
Moving from Miami, FL to Austin, TX will give you such a new way of live! It is guaranteed that your life will explode with excitement! You will absolutely love your new home in Austin, TX!
U-Pack can help you get to Austin from Miami. We have nationwide coverage, affordable moving services, and great customer service. Explore your moving options with a free moving quote.