Highlights of Moving to Fort Eustis, VA
When almost 50% of an entire nation's population lives in one geographical area, you can bet that there's a good explanation. That holds true for the United States' eastern coast, where weather that remains gorgeous all year long is the main attraction for most people. However, in addition to gaining the climate benefits, there are a number of amazing reasons for moving to Fort Eustis, VA!
- Climate – At their very hottest, summers stay at a cool 80 degrees. Winters are similarly mild, with temperatures normally above the 40 degree mark. Another plus of moving to Fort Eustis is the predictability of the weather—there is very little variation from season to season, and precipitation is spread evenly from month to month. Never worry about any plans being interrupted by the weather ever again!
- Population – Situated just outside of the city of Newport News, which has a population of over 180,000, you will have no trouble registering to vote, applying for a driver’s license, locating daycare services, and every other task that can be difficult in less-populated areas. But don't worry – Fort Eustis itself is surrounded by a quiet residential community that has come to identify itself with peacefulness and serenity!
- Education – If you're moving to Fort Eustis, VA, then it's likely your whole family is moving with you. When your kids arrive, they'll be excited to find that the Newport News Public Schools—an award-winning district dedicated to the promotion of the individual and personalized learning experiences—welcomes them with open arms. With 23 elementary schools, 8 middle schools, and 6 high schools, choosing which school best meets your student's needs will be as much fun as attending it! Also, if your children desire a challenge that is a few notches above the normal curriculum, Newport News Public Schools hosts 5 advanced-achievement secondary institutions, with emphases in particular fields to help each student prepare for exciting careers!
- Entertainment –The most popular things to do on the Chesapeake Bay include swimming, fishing, and boating, as well as the variety of beach-related activities. Be sure to check out Paramount King's Dominion, a theme park with over 15 thrilling rides, an amphitheater that hosts family-friendly musical performances year-round, and its own water park, Water Works. Also, your kids will love visiting the Virginia Zoo and Aquarium, where both exotic and local species are exhibited in their natural habitats for your enjoyment!
- Work – With several military installations in the area, the largest employer is the Department of Defense, with other major employers such as Geico and Amerigroup coming in close behind.
Basics of the Base!
Originally serving as an installation of the United States Army, Fort Eustis began operation in 1916. Today, under its full name of Joint Base Langley-Eustis, it serves as the home of the United States Army Training and Doctrine Command, the Army Training Support Center, the Army Aviation Applied Technology Directorate, as well as the civilian-access U.S. Army Transportation Museum. Covering a little over 10 square miles, Fort Eustis is a major contributor to the local and state economies.
Final Info and Links
There's not a whole lot that Fort Eustis doesn't offer. From the exciting educational opportunities to the astounding weather, moving to Fort Eustis, VA, is inviting not only success, but also fun! If you would like to find out more information before moving to Fort Eustis:
Local AreaThe service center for Fort Eustis, VA is located in Norfolk, VA.
Information about Fort Eustis, VA
Newport News (I
Fort Eustis, VA Moving Resources: