Moving to Virginia Beach - The Highlights
The history found by those moving to Virginia Beach, VA is often the most interesting aspect of acclimating to the environment in this area. Virginia Beach is in the vicinity of Jamestown, VA, where the first official American settlement was established. It is one of the oldest areas of the country that has recorded modern American history. The metropolitan area is known as "Hampton Roads," with a metro population about the same as Austin--1.6 million residents. Over the past ten years, the population has not grown as quickly as some areas in the Sun Belt, but Virginia Beach is in many ways just as enticing an area. Keep reading for more fun information about this exciting region of the country.
Your Virginia Beach Virtual Tour Guide - Make Moving to Virginia Beach Exciting
- Beat the Heat. Tired of living under the blazing Phoenix sun? Not looking forward to another Chicago winter? Moving to Virginia Beach means you are living year round in a happy vacation spot without the extremes you may be accustomed to. Humid subtropical conditions grace the area from spring to autumn, and winters are mild with trace levels of snow.
- Virginia Beach Neighborhood Watch. Crime is below the national average in all areas of Virginia Beach. The area specifically enjoys a very neighborhood-oriented community spirit with a penchant for tourism. The population is over 437,000, but the aura of the city is carefree and crime-free.
- Wining & Dining Opportunities. Because of the tourism Virginia Beach attracts, many niche restaurants and high end eating establishments are able to flourish. Living so close to the crashing waves, you may become a regular at the local favorite for sushi, MahiMah's or a lover of the Caribbean Crush cocktail at Waterman's Surfside Grill.
- Getting Around in Virginia Beach. Moving to Virginia Beach, VA doesn't mean you have to be disconnected from all that Hampton Roads has to offer. If you're accustomed to express busing from a previous metro area, you'll catch on in no time. A 30-day transit pass is $95, allowing you to travel anywhere in the metro area with unlimited transfers.
- Fun for the Whole Family. As if sporting the longest pleasure beach in the world wasn't enough, there are several amusement parks and family fun centers dotting the oceanfront of Virginia Beach. Get an Ocean Breeze Water Park season pass for $65 or tour Rockin' Rosie's Fun House and Mirror Maze on Atlantic Avenue!
- Virginia Beach Dance Clubs. You'll find the city offers a great vibe for young singles looking for a clubbing experience. Area favorites for dancing and late night cocktails include Peabody's, Upscale Lounge, and Peppermint Beach Club.
- Higher Education Opportunities. After moving to Virginia Beach at a young age, many transplants find their calling in the academic world. If you have obligations during the day, but you're looking for something to keep your attention after hours, you can always take a night class at the local Old Dominion University campus. They offer anything from Art to Engineering. Campus tours are available on weekdays, and even Saturdays, by appointment.
Moving to Virginia Beach, VA - Helpful Resources
Virginia Beach Public Schools
Virginia Beach Website
Virginia Beach Map
Virginia Beach Photos
Compare Traditional Virginia Beach Moving Companies to U-Pack® - We drive. You save.
When you think of moving to Virginia Beach, inevitably you think about the whole spectrum of options-doing it all yourself to hiring Virginia Beach movers to do it all for you. But let's be realistic. Do you have the time, manpower and patience necessary to endure a cross-country move in a rental truck? Or the budget to handle a full-service move? Try U-Pack and get the best of both worlds! Low prices and you don't have to drive!
Here's how moving to Virginia Beach with U-Pack works:
- A moving trailer or moving container is delivered right to your door-you choose the equipment you prefer.
- Pack your stuff inside and give us a call when you're ready to have it picked up. You get up to three business days!
- Professional drivers pick it up and leave you with nothing to worry about except your carry-on bags and your personal vehicle. You're now on a mini vacation while you travel to beautiful Virginia Beach.
- Your belongings quickly arrive in Virginia Beach. Cross-country transit times average 2-5 business days.
- Take your time unloading. You have up to three business days.
You can even track your entire move online! So if transportation and logistics isn't your cup of tea, and you don't mind doing some of the work on your own, let U-Pack pitch in and help make moving to Virginia Beach easy, and affordable.
The service center for Virginia Beach, VA is located in Chesapeake, VA.
Discover the easy way to move and still keep your budget on target by moving to Virginia Beach with one of the area's most reputable movers. Call or click today for a free moving estimate and compare to other Virginia Beach moving companies. We drive. You save.®
Information about Virginia Beach, VA