Moving to Coppell Texas - Dallas and Denton Counties
Coppell is located right in the middle of the Dallas-Fort Worth Metroplex and is home to 38,659 Texas residents! Not only is it at the center of the metro area, but it is also just five miles from the Dallas/Fort Worth International Airport, 24 miles from Dallas and 31 miles from Fort Worth! With Coppell’s rich history, quality schools, and warm and friendly residents, you’ll be delighted that you’ve chosen to move to Coppell!
Weather in Coppell
- Coppell has a humid subtropical climate with very hot, humid summers and mild winters.
- The average yearly temperature in Coppell is 63 F.
- Winter temperatures drop into the low to mid 30s.
- Summer temperatures range in the mid to upper 90s.
- Yearly precipitation averages 33.7 inches and mainly falls in April, May and September.
- There are three school districts serving the residents of Coppell. The majority of children are enrolled in the Coppell Independent School District, grades K-12.
- Carrollton-Farmers Branch Independent School District serves eastern Coppell students.
- Lewisville Independent School District serves the northern area of Coppell.
- For upper level education, there are numerous colleges and universities available for residents, such as Collin County Community College, North Lake College, DeVry University-Texas, Brookhaven College, University of Texas at Dallas, Southern Methodist University and Richland College just to name a few!
Transportation in Coppell
- No public transportation is available in Coppell, but finding your way around town is fairly simple.
- There are no freeways going through the city, however, Coppell is encircled by SH 121, Sam Rayburn Tollway, Interstate 635, President George Bush Turnpike, as well as Interstate 35E.
- Coppell is also located 5 miles from Dallas-Fort Worth International Airport for your air traveling needs.
Dining in Coppell
- Almost any type of food your heart desires can be found in Coppell or the surrounding areas.
- Some of the many cuisines include American, Asian, Mexican, Italian, Tex-Mex, and German.
- A few of the highest rated restaurants in Coppell include Coppell Deli, Mua Sushi, Hard Eight BBQ, Siam Thai Cuisine, Anamia’s, and Daddy Jack’s!
- A couple of steakhouses in Grapevine come highly rated: Bob’s Steak and Chop House and Old Hickory Steakhouse!
- If you are near the Irving area, try out Four Seasons Resort and Club Dallas at Las Colinas or La Cima Club!
- For some delicious food in the Lewisville area, be sure to try out Fat Cow BBQ, Wild Ginger Japanese Restaurant, or Taco Hut!
Things to do in Coppell
- Once you’re settled in, you’ll never tire of all the activities that are available to you in and around Coppell!
- Here are just a few of the area attractions: American Airlines Center, Cowboy Stadium, Dallas Convention Center, Dallas Zoo, Fort Worth Zoo, Six Flags Over Texas, and Texas Motor Speedway!
- A few lakes are also in the area: Grapevine Lake, Lake Lewisville, Joe Pool Lake, and Lake Ray Hubbard!
- Also be sure to check out the Community Garden in Coppell as well as the local Farmer’s Market!
- Lastly, Coppell has a lovely park on 66 acres located in the Wagon Wheel Park on the west side of the city! It is home to many different species of birds, coyotes, bobcats and other animals.
Useful Links for Moving to Coppell, TXThe service center for Coppell, TX is located in Dallas, TX.
City of Coppell
Chamber of Commerce
New Resident Information
Information about Coppell, TX