Moving Companies in Memphis, TN
It’s difficult to describe Memphis in just a few words. It’s the home of the blues, soul, and rock-n-roll. It’s got some of the best barbecue restaurants in the country. This Tennessee city is home of the legendary Beale Street and the place where B.B. King and Elvis Presley made a name for themselves. And it’s been a place you’ve lived, worked and raised your family. But now it’s time to move on and tackle new challenges and enjoy new adventures in another city. If you’re in the process of planning a move, let U-Pack® help! With nationwide coverage, we can move you to almost anywhere in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico.
Memphis Fun Facts
Check out these fun facts about Memphis and use them to quiz your new neighbors about the place you used to call home:
- Memphis is one of the largest wholesale distribution centers in the South. It’s because of this that it’s also one of the busiest inland ports on the Mississippi River. Shippers move about 11 tons of cargo through Memphis annually. The city is also a major transportation center, with multiple access by highway, rail, and air.
- Graceland, the famed home of rock-n-roll legend Elvis Presley, is the second most-visited house in the U.S. after the White House, with over 650,000 visitors a year.
- Sun Studio, the well-known music studio where an 18-year-old Elvis recorded his first song, is located in the city at 706 Union Avenue. The venerable venue is known across the music industry as the birthplace of rock-n-roll and has served as a recording space for other music legends such as Jerry Lewis, B.B. King, Johnny Cash, Roy Orbison and more.
- Speaking of music: did you know that Memphis is mentioned in more than 1,000 songs? According to Billboard Magazine, this feat is more than any other city in the world.
- Memphis is more than just music. It’s also a destination for lovers of barbecue. In fact, the city is home to hundreds of barbecue establishments and the World Championship Barbecue Cooking Contest is held here every year in May.
- Memphis has one of the top urban parks systems in the country, totaling more than 7,000 acres.
- The city has one of the largest well systems in the world. Its aquifer contains more than 100 trillion gallons of water that fell to the earth as long as 2,000 years ago. It first became available to the city in 1887.
- The city is a tourist destination with an assortment of music, food and arts festivals taking place each year. Memphis tourism draws about $3.1 billion annually.
2080 Dunn Road
Memphis TN, 38114