Moving to Knoxville, TN?
Knoxville is known by many nicknames: The Marble City, Heart of the Valley, Queen of the Mountains, and K-Town. But you can just call it home! Located in Great Appalachian Valley known here as the Tennessee Valley, you will enjoy views of the Great Smoky Mountains and the Cumberland Plateau, as well as the Tennessee River flowing through downtown. Let’s take a look at some things that Knoxville’s 178,000 residents love about living in K-Town!
- Weather. Knoxville enjoys pretty typical summer weather, but with a little cooler temperatures because of the elevation. Summer temps average the low 90s, and winters are cool in the mid-30s. There are small amounts of snow that occasionally fall as well.
- Awards. Knoxville has won a spot on many coveted lists. It was listed by Kiplinger as one of the “best value cities” in 2011. Forbes named it to the list for the Top 10 Metropolitan Hotspots, as well as the list for the Top 5 for Business.
- Industry. While originally a manufacturing town based around the railroad, Knoxville today enjoys a flourishing economy centered around many different industries. Residents work in any number of major corporations and companies, retail, finance, manufacturing, and education.
- Arts and Culture. Knoxville has a thriving arts community. There are many venues for concerts, along with galleries and art studios. You can hear weekly bluegrass concerts, enjoy a performance at the opera, visit museums and historic sites – all while staying right in your new hometown!
- Family Fun! There is so much for your family to do in Knoxville. The Knoxville Zoo is home to over 800 animals and features naturalistic outdoor habitats for many animals. Your family will love Black Bear Falls and Meerkat Lookout! There are also attractions for kids at the Clayton Family Kids Cove and the Wee Play Zoo. If you love fireworks, stick around for Labor Day! Knoxville hosts “Boomsday” which is the largest Labor Day fireworks display in the country!
- Sports. You can cheer on many teams while living in Knoxville. The Knoxville Force (soccer), Ice Bears (hockey), a rugby team, roller derby, and indoor football team all play in the area. If you love a good day at the ball park, you will love watching the Tennessee Smokies baseball team. And don’t forget the Vols! The University of Tennessee Volunteers are a big deal here too! Knoxville is also the site of the Women's Basketball Hall of Fame-did you know local Lady Volunteers head coach Pat Summitt is currently the all-time winningest coach in NCAA history?
Moving to Knoxville for College? If you are a student moving to Knoxville (to go to UT or any other number of colleges and universities in Knoxville), U-Pack offers the perfect moving solution! It doesn’t matter if you are moving to the dorm or an apartment; the ReloCube® is the perfect moving solution. A ReloCube will hold the contents of a studio apartment, and it fits in one standard parking space, which is perfect for moving onto campus or in a busy apartment complex. Get a free moving quote to see how you or your student can move to Knoxville for college the affordable, easy way – the U-Pack way!
Moving to Knoxville the stress-free way! If you are moving to Knoxville with a bit more than a student, U-Pack has solutions for you as well! A U-Pack move is the stress-free moving solution because U-Pack offers:
- Personalized moving options. We offer moving trailers and moving containers, and you only pay for the space you use (so no paying for wasted space!).
- Flexible loading and unloading. No one likes to be rushed. We give you three days for loading and three days for unloading. Take your time. Need help loading and unloading? We have loading and unloading help available as well.
- Great rates! Our rates are competitive with truck rental for state to state moves.
- We do all the driving! Our customers love this perk! We deliver your items door-to-door, so you never have to drive a bulky, unsafe truck. You are free to travel in the comfort of your own personal vehicle, fly, take a train, whatever you want!
- Fast transit times. Most of our moves are completed in just 2-5 business days, so you don’t have to wait on your belongings.
- Nationwide coverage area. 230 service centers covering all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico.
- Easy pricing. In just a few clicks, you can get a free moving quote and get a price for your specific move.
5204 N Middlebrook Pike
Knoxville, TN 37921
If we are not able to provide door-to-door delivery to your city near Knoxville, TN, you can save money by loading or unloading at the service center conveniently located in Knoxville, TN. If you have questions about serviceability to your location, please call us at 800-240-7422, and a U-Pack Moving Consultant will gladly help.
|Upcoming Holidays Observed:
|Service may be curtailed. Contact local service center for details.