Moving Companies in Watertown, SD
Moving Away from Watertown
Watertown, known as "South Dakota's Rising Star," is a quiet, growing community that offers plenty of outdoor adventures. Along with hiking and biking, the city is also home to the country’s best pheasant hunting, and there are great places to fish and camp, as well.
It’s been a great place to live and work, but now it’s time to tackle new challenges and adventures in a new place. If you need help with your move, consider U-Pack®! Our DIY service lets you control your move from start to finish: All you have to do is pack and load your things and let us handle the driving.
Get started by getting a free moving quote online! And check out our coverage map for more info on our locations.
Best Things to Do Before You Move
The city offers a variety of activities if you’re looking to take a little break from packing for your move. Here are some fun things to do in Watertown:
- Spend a day at the Bramble Park Zoo and catch a look at the hundreds of animals that live there! Tika, a White Bengal tiger, is the most famous of the 130 different species in the zoo.
- You can also visit the Terry Redlin Art Center, which contains more than 150 of the renowned wildlife artist's original paintings.
- For fun in the sun, you can spend a day playing in the pool at the Family Aquatic Center. This facility has a pool, lap area, floatables, aqua basketball, diving board, slides, and water walk area. For endless relaxation, you can float around the lazy river for hours on end!
- You can take a weekend road trip to Sioux Falls (just 2 hours away) or to Minneapolis (about a 4-hour drive). These bigger cities offer lots of fun for you when you want a quick getaway.
- If you’re a hunter or fisherman, you likely already know that Watertown is a great place for you! Lake Kampeska and Lake Pelican offer plenty of fishing spots. A few days on the water and you are sure to find your honey hole. Many open fields surround Watertown that are ideal for bird hunting. Pheasant, duck, and goose hunting are very popular in the area.
1009 17Th St Se
Watertown SD, 57201