Moving to Quincy, MA?
If the historic center of Boston interests you and you’re looking for a quiet place to settle down, then Quincy is a great community for you! Quincy’s moderate size and many residential neighborhoods make it a wonderful place to live. It’s just a few minutes from the bustling historical center of Boston, and the rich heritage and affordable living make it a great place to call home!
What you can expect moving to Quincy, MA
Here are a few things that will be helpful when making the transition to Quincy:
- Weather in Quincy. Being in New England, Quincy can be rather cold at times. But if you enjoy snow then Quincy is the place for you! The summers are moderate and the winter can be very cold so be sure to pack a heavy jacket!
- The Education in Quincy. Quincy is home to a variety of educational institutions. There are two public high schools and a number of private schools including a college preparatory school and an all-girls academy. There are two colleges as well: the Quincy Community College and a liberal arts college, Eastern Nazarene College.
- Recreation in Quincy. Quincy boasts an astounding 27 miles of coastline and nearly a dozen beaches all of which are great for picnicking, swimming, hiking, and much more! The area also features three prestigious golf courses and several yacht clubs where boat charters are a common pastime. Quincy is also known as one of the tastiest places in New England. There is a large selection of fine dining, shops, and boutiques as well.
- Culture in Quincy. Don’t think that Quincy is outdone by neighboring Boston. Quincy is known as the “City of Presidents.” Two presidents, John Adams and John Quincy Adams, along with a large number of other famous historical figures have called Quincy home. Maybe you can be the next! A large number of museums and attractions help the capture the historical importance of this residential community.
- Business in Quincy. Quincy Is also home to several large corporations, most noticeably it houses the headquarters of the Stop and Shop supermarket chain. Other large employers include Blue Cross Blue Shield and Harvard Pilgrim Health Care. Transportation is also important in Quincy. For those of you commuting into Boston, Quincy connects to a number of interstates as well as the Boston subway system allowing easy access to both Boston and Logan International Airport.
Resources for Newcomers to Quincy: The service center for Quincy, MA is located in West Bridgewater, MA.
City of Quincy Directory
Taste Quincy dining guide
Recreation Guide to Quincy
Quincy City Department Directory
Information about Quincy, MA