Read here to learn what’s so great about moving to Lawrence, MA
Why should you be moving to Lawrence and joining the other 76,370 current residents? Lawrence is a beautiful community along the Merrimack River that has a great deal to offer every resident. With a high percentage of foreign-born residents, this “Immigrant City” is well-known for its ethnic and cultural diversity and has always been considered a gateway city for immigrants. The community has a great deal to offer in way of natural beauty. It is also located only a short 25 miles from Boston, MA opening the door for you to enjoy an infinite amount of exciting activities.
Here are just a few solid reasons for moving to Lawrence:
- Manufacturing is still a strong sector for the local economy, and while other companies have packed up and moved over seas, Lawrence continues to house textile, apparel, and shoe companies that include New Balance, Grieco Brothers, Cardinal Shoe, Malden Mills, and KGR Inc.
- The economy also has strong markets in way of technology and health care like New England Affiliated Technology and Lawrence General Hospital.
- The community offers residents a way to improve education at the local Northern Essex Community College and just down the road at Cambridge College.
- Like to sail? Then moving to Lawrence is the place for you. Here you’ll find the Lawrence Community Boating Program which provides adults and youth alike the opportunity to sail along the waters of the Merrimack River.
- Want to choose your own fresh produce to enjoy? Visit the Lawrence Downtown Farmer’s Market and have your pick of the locally grown fruits and vegetables.
- If you enjoy spending time outdoors, after moving to Lawrence you’ll want to be sure and check out Smolak Farms. This farm is far more than your average petting zoo. Here you can enjoy hayrides, outdoor games, nature programs, and best of all, the fresh goods offered at the farm stand. Smolak Farms is also a great place to host big events like a wedding, family reunion, business retreat, etc.
- Lawrence Heritage State Park and Harold Parker State Forest are great places to go for a day of biking, hiking, fishing, canoeing, picnicking, and so many other great activities that let you be one with nature.
As you can see, the list of reasons for moving to Lawrence is endless. This community is a great place to raise a family. Move to Lawrence and be immersed in a community full of diversity and beauty that is conveniently located a few minutes away from all the professional sports teams, cultural events, and other amenities offered by Boston.
Helpful Links for Moving to Lawrence, MAThe service center for Lawrence, MA is located in Salisbury, MA.
Chamber of Commerce
Relocation to the Area
Information about Lawrence, MA
Lawrence, MA Moving Resources: