Are you moving to Olathe?
Olathe, KS was recently listed #11 in Money magazine’s annual survey of the “100 Best Cities to Live in the United States.” If you are moving to Olathe, KS you will soon find it is also one of the fastest growing suburbs in the country. With just over 125,000 residents, it holds the title of being one of the largest suburbs of Kansas City, as well as one of the largest cities in the entire state. This article will touch on a few key points about this interesting suburb of Kansas City. Soon-to-be residents of Olathe should not feel that they are just being swallowed up by Kansas City while making Olathe their home. It maintains special qualities all its own that make it a charming, one-of-a-kind community.
Moving to Olathe, KS—General Overview
- Climate. Winters are generally cooler here than they are in other cities considered to be in the same climate, but summers are certainly just as hot. The weather offers an array of different conditions with plenty of rain, snow, sunshine, and clouds.
- Transportation. Johnson County Transit bus lines serve the entire city of Olathe via 22 bus routes connecting all major attractions and neighborhood enclaves to downtown Kansas City and beyond. Olathe travel time into Kansas City by public transportation is about an hour.
- Recreation. Annual activities and events are planned in Olathe's many parks each year including music festivals, dancing events, and sports for all ages. For those moving to Olathe, KS in search of a relaxing pastime, there are tennis courts and fitness trails available throughout the city as well as four public outdoor swimming pools.
- Shopping. The Great Mall of the Great Plains is the place to get all your premier shopping done under one roof. Aeropostale, Journeys, Burlington Coat Factory, Vitamin World, and Toys R Us are just a few of the stores available here.
- Food. Olathe is still considered part of barbecue country, and there is no argument once you try Oklahoma Joe’s. With its top-notch smokehouse taste, and unique, family-friendly atmosphere, some say it is the best barbecue in Kansas!
Moving to Olathe, KS—Handy LinksThe service center for Olathe, KS is located in Kansas City, MO.
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Olathe, KS