Moving to Lawrence, KS?
Lawrence is a great place to call home! It is an average sized city located centrally in the Great Plains of America. An award winning college town, Lawrence features a diverse climate, a rich history, and a great downtown cultural center. Whether you are a student, a businessman, or a family looking to settle down, Lawrence is a wonderful place to live!
What you can expect moving to Lawrence, KS
It is very important to know about the place that you will soon be calling home. Just to make sure that you are adequately prepared for the transition, here are some general facts that you should know before moving to Lawrence, KS.
- Weather in Lawrence. Lawrence has a very diverse climate. Located centrally in the country, it has both warm summers and cold winters. Because of this, residents of Lawrence get to experience all four seasons and everything they have to offer. Summers are warm and slightly humid while winters are moderately cold and light snow is common. Residents of Lawrence also get to experience the warm spring months and the cool refreshing months of autumn. Moving to Lawrence really will provide you with a beautiful climate!
- Education in Lawrence. Education is a hot topic in Lawrence. The University of Kansas, home to the Kansas Jayhawks is located in the center of Lawrence. In fact, Lawrence has been voted on of America’s Top 10 College Towns by Parents and Colleges. This alone makes moving to Lawrence a great choice! However it has also made a number of other creditable lists. Lawrence also has fourteen public elementary schools, four middle schools, and two public high schools: Lawrence High School and Lawrence Free State High School. There are also several private elementary and starting schools.
- Recreation in Lawrence. There is no shortage of things to do for the outdoorsman moving to Lawrence. The area around Clinton Lake is famous for disc golf, hiking, swimming, and even yoga.
- Culture in Lawrence. Lawrence has all the cultural amenities of typical college town including a number of museums, exhibits, coffee shops, and two microbreweries. Lawrence is also home to a number of festivals including the downtown Art in the Park festival and the Lawrence Busker Fest.
- Business in Lawrence. Lawrence features a diverse workforce and a large supply of economic opportunities. Farming, utilities, technologies, and pharmaceuticals are all major industries opportunities for anyone moving to Lawrence.
Resources for Newcomers Moving to Lawrence, KS
City WebsiteThe service center for Lawrence, KS is located in Kansas City, MO.
Chamber of Commerce
Lawrence City Directory
Lawrence Public Transit
Information about Lawrence, KS