Moving Companies in Cedar Rapids, IA
Move from Cedar Rapids with U-Pack
Located in the heart of east central Iowa, Cedar Rapids is a growing town of 132,000 residents. The area boasts a low crime rate, a top-rated school system and a family-friendly environment. If you’ve lived here, you’ve lived well. But the U.S. is full of great cities, and if you’re planning a long-distance move to one of them, U-Pack® can help! We’re a self-moving service with affordable pricing, nationwide coverage and door-to-door delivery.
This resource explains how U-Pack works. When you see how easy it is, get a free online quote to find out how much your move from Cedar Rapids will cost.
5 Cool Facts About Cedar Rapids
Impress your new neighbors and friends with these interesting facts about your former hometown:
- Cedar Rapids is the birthplace of many famous people, including American actor Ashton Kutcher.
- Mays Island (a small island in the Cedar River) houses the city’s government offices. It’s one of the few cities in the world with government offices on a municipal island.
- The Wright brothers — who invented, built and flew the world’s first successful airplane — lived in Cedar Rapids for three years.
- The city is home to the second oldest restaurant in Iowa, the Lighthouse Inn. It was built in 1912 and became a popular stop for Chicagoland mobsters, including Al Capone and John Dillinger.
- Cedar Rapids is one of the world’s largest corn-producing cities. In 2016, the city processed 6.2 billion bushels of corn for the U.S.
U-Pack Cedar Rapids
2829 12Th St Sw
Cedar Rapids IA, 52404