Moving Companies in Stratford, CT
How to Move from Stratford
On the shores of Long Island Sound is the historical city of Stratford, Connecticut. Its location near the Atlantic Ocean and proximity to large U.S. cities makes it the ultimate transportation hub. The city is also known for its aviation industry, natural resources and diverse culture. Living and working here has made for a pleasant life. But, if you’re packing up and moving out, consider using U-Pack®. Our nationwide coverage allows us to move you to almost any location in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico. And with our DIY methods, you control your move from start to finish.
Plan a Fun Weekend Getaway
Many major cities surround Stratford. If you have extra time before leaving, consider a weekend getaway. This will give you a break from planning and packing. Plus, it’s good way to spend quality time with family and friends who are staying behind. Here are some nearby options:
Drive 17 miles northeast to New Haven, CT
Have limited time to explore? New Haven is just 20 minutes away! This coastal Connecticut city is a melting pot of diversity and culture. There are endless options for entertainment — from theatres and museums to festivals and sports. Some of the city’s top attractions are the Yale University Art Gallery, Lighthouse Point Park and the Connecticut Children’s Museum.
Head 65 miles southwest to New York City, NY
A trip to the Big Apple is a must if you’ve never been there! As America’s biggest city, there is no shortage of things to do. You can:
- Take a short boat ride to Liberty Island for an up-close view of The Statue of Liberty.
- Ride in a carriage throughout Central Park and spend time in NYC’s nature oasis.
- Go to The Empire State Building’s 86th Floor Observatory for astounding views of the cityscape. On clear days you can see New Jersey, Pennsylvania, Connecticut, and Massachusetts.
- Catch a musical on Broadway. Choose from classics to contemporary favorites and buy tickets in advance!
- Honor the lives lost at the 9/11 Memorial & Museum. More than 37 million people have visited the memorial since its opening in September 2011.
Travel 75 miles southwest to Newark, NJ
Another quick road trip idea is to travel to New Jersey’s largest city — Newark. As one of the oldest U.S. cities (dating back to 1666), you can experience its unique heritage at these iconic attractions: Newark Museum, Branch Brook Park and the Cathedral Basilica of the Sacred Heart. Make plans to spend time in the Ironbound neighborhood. There, you can taste some of the city’s best cultural cuisines!
1010 Woodend Rd
Stratford CT, 06615