Moving Companies in Stamford, Connecticut
Stamford is the third-largest city in the state of Connecticut and one of the largest cities in the New England area. It’s home to numerous large corporations, including four Fortune 500 companies, making it one of the largest financial centers in the United States. These things, along with great schools, a good transportation system and lots of things to do, make Stamford a great place to call home. But if you’re ready to leave the area for a new place, let U-Pack help you with your move!
U-Pack is a service that delivers moving equipment right to your door. All you have to do is pack and load, and we handle all the driving. And we also have locations that service all 50 states, Canada and Puerto Rico, so we can get you wherever you’re going. It’s an easy and affordable way to move! To find out how much your move will cost, get a free quote online or give us a call at 844-362-5303844-594-3077.
Stamford “Things to Do” Bucket List
Before you leave town, gather your friends and family to go on an adventure in your city one more time! If you need help planning your last hurrah, check out some of these “must-do” activities:
- Plan a daytrip to The Maritime Aquarium. From IMAX tutorials about various wildlife, to hands-on opportunities to touch and feel stingrays, The Maritime Aquarium offers great fun for the whole family! The 140,000 square foot facility is home to more than 2,000 marine animals and reptiles, and welcomes nearly 500,000 visitors each year.
- Visit the shops and restaurants along Greenwich Avenue. This street has many upscale shops, eateries and coffee shops and is a perfect way to spend a day with friends and family.
- Enjoy the architecture of the First Presbyterian Church. Built like a fish (a symbol of Christianity), completing with shingle-like “scales” this church was built in 1958 on Bedford Street and sits on a five-acre lot. The sanctuary features floor-to-ceiling stained glass and the grounds feature more than 100 stones commemorating historical spiritual figures. This building is a beautiful historical and architectural landmark and great piece of the city’s history.
- Take the kids to the Stepping Stones Museum for Children. This facility is ideal for younger children. It features more than 100 different types of hands-on activities and interactive programs, spread out through the facilities five main galleries. The facility is open Tuesday through Sunday year-round (except for select holidays) and is open to the public.
- Catch a show at the Capitol Theatre. Catch a concert at this venue before leaving town! Featuring general admission entry on the floor, and reserved seating in the balcony, the historic Capitol Theatre is a great place for live music. The venue is located three minutes from the metro north station, so it’s easy to get to!
1010 Woodend Rd
Stratford CT, 06615