Moving Companies in Smiths Station, AL
Looking for Help Moving from Smiths Station?
In many ways, Smiths Station — known to locals as “Smiths” — is the ideal slice of Southern suburbia. Nestled alongside Phenix City and across the Chattahoochee River from Columbus, GA, this East Alabama town of 5,000 has been a peaceful place to call home. But maybe your career or life is taking you in a different direction, and it’s time for a change. Where do you start when planning a long-distance move? Consider U-Pack®!
Moving Made Easy!
Moving is challenging — physically, emotionally and financially. U-Pack is designed to help you meet these challenges head-on, making the experience easier than you ever thought possible. Here’s how:
- We handle the driving; you just pack and load
- Our nationwide network of service centers allows for fast transit times
- You only pay for the space you use
Don’t Leave the Station Without These Trivia Tidbits
Smiths Station was incorporated in 2001 and is Alabama’s second newest city next to Center Point. Here are some other facts about the city you may not know:
- Smiths Station was first settled in 1738 and named after Broadus Smith, an early settler
- The Central of Georgia Railway was extended through the community from Columbus, GA to Opelika, AL in 1845
- The city measures less than seven square miles
- Country musician Conway Twitty attended Smiths Station High School and played on the baseball team
- Three universities are located within an hour’s drive of Smiths Station — Columbus State (10 miles), Auburn (26 miles) and Tuskegee (45 miles)
17183 Us Hwy 280E
Smiths AL, 36877