Moving Companies in Phenix City, AL
Moving from Phenix City
Located in East Alabama along the west bank of the Chattahoochee River, Phenix City is a picturesque, walkable small town with big-city amenities nearby. Residents enjoy easy access to metropolitan Columbus, GA, across the river.
As you plan your move from Phenix City, consider the access you have to good moving help. Want to save costs without having to drive a large truck to your new home? Check out U-Pack®! We can transport your belongings just about anywhere in the U.S., Canada or Puerto Rico through our network of service centers.
Did You Know?
You may have lived in Phenix City all your life, but did you know these fun facts?
- Phenix City was once known as Girard and originally inhabited by the Coweta branch of the Creek Indian Nation.
- In 1865, during the Civil War, Union troops attacked Girard and pushed the Confederates across the river into Columbus, GA. This came to be known as the Battle of the Girard and is considered to be the last battle of the Civil War.
- Phenix City won the 1999 U.S. Little League baseball championship.
- Phenix City was honored as an All-America City in 1955, and in 2007, BusinessWeek named it the nation’s Best Affordable Suburb for raising a family.
Before You Go
Be sure to contact U-Pack to discuss moving options, but don’t forget to savor the present! Make time to enjoy some of these favorite Phenix City attractions one last time before you take off:
- Take in some dirt track racing or a monster truck event at East Alabama Motor Speedway. You can even arrange to take a spin around the track yourself!
- Stroll the Phenix City Riverwalk along the banks of the Chattahoochee River. Want to go beyond the 1.2-mile urban trail? Cross one of several bridges connecting to Columbus, GA, across the river.
- Do some whitewater rafting on the river, home to the longest urban rafting course in the country
- Visit the National Civil War Naval Museum. Explore the CSS Jackson, the largest surviving Confederate warship, and other full-scale ships.
- See the Trail of Tears monument and follow along the interpretive trail at the Chattahoochee Indian Heritage Centre.
17183 Us Hwy 280E
Smiths AL, 36877