Guelph is a city in Ontario, Canada with a metro population of nearly 120,000 residents. Being rich in culture, green space, architecture, and the arts, Guelph has been named among the top ten places to live in Canada. If you are an urbanite moving to Guelph, ON, you will be pleased to know that it is situated a mere 60 miles west of Toronto. This area is one of the strongest economic regions in the country, and among the smartest and safest cities in the world.
Moving to Guelph, ON—Quick Points
- Climate—Pack your mitts and jacket! Though most of the year is mild or bearable, the winters have a tendency to get bitter cold. Expect at least 50 inches of snow to fall every winter.
- Transportation—Sixteen bus routes cover nearly every neighborhood in Guelph to the major attractions and the central business district. $72 gets you a monthly all-access pass.
- Education—Moving to Guelph, ON without a degree? Several undergrad and graduate level degrees are available at the University of Guelph, which recently earned the title of “Top Medium Sized University in Canada.” It is conveniently located near the center of the city.
- Recreation—Looking for something fun to rid you of the winter blues? Between October and April, residents can ice skate at Exhibition Arena for $1! Skating lessons are also available for a small fee.
- Food—Diana Downtown is the hidden gem restaurant of central Guelph. The food is amazing, and the atmosphere is very family-friendly. Locals would recommend one of the many curry options!
Moving to Guelph, ON—Links for New MoversThe service center for Guelph, ON is located in Kitchener, ON.
Change of Address (Canada)
Change of Address (United States)
Speed Limit Conversion
Guelph, ON Website
Information about Guelph, ON