The Federalsburg, MD terminal is closed. The Baltimore, MD and Chester, PA terminals now deliver to the areas previously serviced by the Federalsburg terminal.
Moving to Federalsburg, Maryland - Pride in the Past * Faith in the Future
Your move to Federalsburg will be a move to the southern portion of Caroline County where the folks are warm and friendly and the sights are full of beauty. Federalsburg is just 90 miles from both Washington, DC and Baltimore, MD, and 115 miles from Philadelphia, PA. You’ll also be in close proximity to the Chesapeake Bay and the Atlantic Ocean!
- Average yearly temperature in Federalsburg is 53 F.
- Winter temperatures find lows in the mid to upper 20s.
- Summer highs can reach the low to mid-80s.
- Average precipitation for the year is approximately 43 inches.
- Average yearly snowfall amounts are around 21 inches.
Getting an education in Federalsburg
- The schools in Federalsburg are organized under the Caroline County Public Schools system which serves 55,000 students and is located on Maryland’s Eastern Shore.
- Schools in Federalsburg consist of Federalsburg Elementary School, Colonel Richardson Middle School and Colonel Richardson High School.
- Additionally, CCPS offers the Caroline Career and Technology Center to aid high school students in acquiring skills to being their careers.
- Colleges in the Federalsburg area include Chesapeake College, MacQueen Gibbs Willis School of Nursing, Salisbury University, University of Maryland Eastern Shore, Washington College, and Wor-Wic Community College.
Getting Around Federalsburg
- Finding your way around Federalsburg is quite simple because it only has a total area of two square miles.
- Maryland Upper Shore Transit (MUST) offers fixed route transportation to Caroline County on Route six of their bus schedule.
- Federalsburg is considered to be a walkable city as well as bike friendly!
- Must see attractions in and near Federalsburg include Federalsburg Transportation and Heritage Museum, Federalsburg Historical Society Museum, the Linchester Flouring Mill, the Museum of Rural Life and the Old Harford Town Maritime Center.
- Additionally, there are many leisure activities to be found in Federalsburg, such as the Federalsburg Recreation Park and Marina, Chambers Park, and an 18 hole golf course at Caroline Country Club.
- After you’ve settled in to your new home, you will find many attractions in and around the Eastern Shore, such as the Adkins Arboretum, Adrenaline High, Assateague Adventure, Chesapeake Bay Maritime Museum, Blackwater National Wildlife Refuge, and Frontier Town Campground, Waterpark and Western Theme Park.
Dining in Federalsburg
- If you’re looking to dine in Federalsburg, you’ll find a few local favorites including Cafe Milano, Federalsburg Family Restaurant, and Great Wall Chinese Restaurant.
- For great food in Denton, you can go to Sal’s New York Style Pizza and Pasta, Market Street Public House, and Harry’s On the Green.
- If you travel to Easton, be sure to visit the Bartlett Pear Inn, Scossa Restaurant and Lounge, Out of the Fire, and the BBQ Joint.
6720 Washington Blvd
Elkridge MD, 21075