Moving from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA
Are you moving from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA?
Los Angeles, the second largest city in the United States, offers a great deal more than Houston. Los Angeles is also considered entertainment capitol of the world, being the home of Hollywood. Los Angeles is such an amazing place to call home! Moving from Houston to Los Angeles is a venture well made!
What can you expect after moving from Houston to Los Angeles?
The following information will give you everything you need to know to see why making the move from Houston, TX to Los Angeles, CA will be the best decision you have ever made!
- Climate – Los Angeles has a climate similar to most of Southern California with mild summers, and warm winters. Summer highs are usually in the mid-80s, and winter lows in the upper 60s (different than the scorching summer highs of 100+ and winter lows of 20 and below in Houston!). The area receives just a few inches of rainfall throughout the year, and there is not normally snow during the winter.
- Education – The city is served by the Los Angeles Unified School District which operates several hundred public schools, and enrolls over 800,000 students. There are also several magnet and private schools operating in the city as well several surrounding school districts located just outside the city. There are also several major private and public colleges and universities in the city including: California State University, Los Angeles, California State University, Northridge, and the USC School of Cinematic Arts, which is the oldest film school in the United States.
- Entertainment – Los Angeles is known as the entertainment center of the world, being home to Hollywood, a major center of the film making industry. The city also hosts the annual Academy Awards, internationally recognized as the oldest and most prominent of award ceremonies in the film making industry. There are several hundred performing arts groups in the city, holding over 1,000 annual plays, musicals, and concert throughout the year. Alongside having the highest concentration of museums than any other city on earth, there are also hundreds of famous restaurants, city gardens, and the famed Santa Monica Pier just on the city’s shore.
- Economy – Being the 3rd largest economic center on earth, Los Angeles has a very diverse economy, filled with a wide variety of several different industries. The economy is based mainly the film, music, and video game production industries as well as the international trade, fashion, and petroleum industries. The Los Angeles economy is also consistently growing, and it is one of the very few cities in the United States recovering from the recent recession!
- Work -- The University of Southern California is largest private sector employer in Los Angeles which contributes $4 billion into the local economy annually. Other top employers include: Capstone Turbine, the Cheesecake Factory, and Fox Entertainment Group. The average commuter in Los Angeles has a commute time of anything between 25 and 30 minutes; however Los Angeles has one of the best mass transit systems in the country.
Welcome to Fabulous Los Angeles, CA!
Moving from Houston, TX to Los Angeles will be the best decision you have ever made, and you will gain so much more in the way of living experience that you never got in Houston! Los Angeles will offer so much more amenities, and much nicer beaches that Houston ever could as well. You will absolutely love your new home in Los Angeles!
Looking for a moving company to help you with your relocation? U-Pack specializes in long-distance moves where you do the packing and loading, and we do all the driving. We service moves nationwide — get a free moving quote to learn more!