Moving from Boston, MA to Nashville, TN
Bye-Bye Beantown, Hello Music City
Nashville is known as the cradle of country music, but Tennessee’s capital city offers so much more. Music lovers, creatives, academics, and foodies all will find their happy place here. What about you? See what awaits in Nashville and learn how U-Pack® can simplify your move from Boston.
A Strong Market for Health Care
Health care professionals in Boston (also a significant industry there) who are looking to move will find plenty of opportunity in Nashville. Vanderbilt University Medical Center, the Hospital Corporation of America (HCA) Community Health Systems (CHS) and Saint Thomas Health employ thousands of residents.
A Culture of Learning
Like Boston, Nashville takes great pride in education. Parents searching for good K-12 schools will find a variety of acclaimed public and private institutions throughout the Nashville area. And among colleges, U.S. News & World Report ranks Vanderbilt University 14th in the nation.
Nashville is a Relative Value
A population increase has led to a competitive housing market and rising home values. But it’s still cheaper to live Nashville than in most other U.S. metros. Compared to Boston, the overall cost of living index is 65 percent less in Nashville. Tennessee doesn’t tax wages, though there is a 6 percent hall tax on investment interest and dividends.
Be a Tourist Locally
Wondering if you’ll miss all the fun things to do in Boston? Don’t worry, Nashville will keep you entertained! After your mandatory pilgrimage to the Grand Ole Opry, here are some other recommended activities:
- Go bar-hopping along “Honky Tonk Highway” (downtown on Lower Broadway) and catch live music every night.
- Visit Belle Meade Plantation, constructed in 1853 in Greek Revival style.
- See top artists perform and soak up some Nashville musical heritage at the Ryman Auditorium.
- Blend your love of music and history with a trip to the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum.
- View the Parthenon, a full-scale replica of the structure found in Athens, Greece.
- Explore Nashville’s blossoming food scene. Enjoy some hot chicken, barbecue or a delicious “Meat & Three” meal. Pair it with a fine, locally distilled spirit!
- Nashville hosts festivals galore year-round, many of them free to attend. Check area listings to see what’s coming up.
U-Pack: Music to Your Ears
Concerned about navigating a large truck 1,100 miles from Boston to Nashville? Leave it to U-Pack and travel separately! With our self-moving service, you just pack and load, and we’ll drive your belongings to your new home. And with service centers covering both cities, we’re able to deliver within 2-5 business days. Get a free online quote or call 844-362-5303844-594-3077 to see how much your move will cost.