U-Pack cannot transport automobiles.
GET A FREE QUOTE & MOVING GUIDE IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS
GET A FREE QUOTE & MOVING GUIDE IN LESS THAN 30 SECONDS
How much does it cost to move cross country?
We drive. You save.® – That's ABF U-Pack's slogan, and it strikes a chord with people who need to save money on a cross country move.
U-Pack proudly offers an easy, low-cost moving solution. We drive the moving truck. You pack, load and save. It's a win, win.
Get a free moving quote today for an instant view of how much it costs to move cross country with U-Pack!
Here's How Cross-Country Moving with U-Pack Works:
If you've read the reviews, you've seen that customers consistently call U-Pack "the simplest way to move cross country on a budget." Here's why:
- ABF delivers an empty moving trailer or ReloCube® right to your door.
- You load.
- ABF moves your shipment cross country with transit times that average 2-5 business days.
- ABF delivers to your new home.
- You unload.
Sound easy? It is!
Your U-Pack quote includes fuel, taxes, and the driver—no worrying about hidden fees or unexpected charges.
And U-Pack customers love having control over their moving costs; prices are based on the linear footage used in the moving trailer, or the number of loaded ReloCubes. And an added perk: there's no down payment or deposit. Wait and pay securely by credit card in transit, or by cashier's check or money order when it arrives at your destination.*
How to Save Money Moving Cross Country
Since a cross-country move tends to be more costly than a local move, it's not unusual for customers to ask about ways to save. Here are some helpful tips:
- Do your own pack, load and unload. Self-moving options almost always cost less than full-service moving. If you're able to do the packing, loading and unloading on your own, the cost of your move decreases significantly. Just let ABF U-Pack do the driving!
- Fuel your personal vehicle, not a rental truck. Rental trucks are known for getting terrible gas mileage—24 foot rental trucks get 6 to 10 mpg. So if your cross-country move is 2,800 miles, you can expect to pay around $1,300 just to fuel the rental truck. (Check out the rental truck fuel calculator to see the cost for your move). You'll pay around $600 to fuel your personal vehicle for the same drive.
- Pare down. Your cost to move cross country with U-Pack is based on the amount of space your shipment occupies in the moving trailer or the number of ReloCubes you use. That means moving less costs less.
- Move on an off-peak day. Similar to hotels and airlines, there are peak and off-peak days for moving. The best days to move with U-Pack are normally Tuesdays, Wednesdays and Thursdays at the beginning of the month. Your cost to move cross country decreases by avoiding peak times like holidays and Fridays at the end of the month.
- Move terminal to terminal. While this option isn't for everyone, if you have a small move you'll see a significant savings when you load and unload your items at your local ABF service center.
Here's What Customers Have to Say About Moving Cross Country with U-Pack:
I had a very good experience with ABF. I would definitely recommend it to anyone moving across the country or anyone needing to keep their things in storage between the time they move from their old home until they move into their new home. My 1800 mile move went a lot smoother than I thought it would. There was no hassle of driving a huge moving truck, paying for the gas, towing my car, loading everything into storage, unloading it a month later, etc. Thank you. Very good experience. – Merissa M.
I have now moved across the country three separate times. The first time, I drove a U-Haul. The second time I used full-service movers. Both were disasters in their own right. THIS TIME was amazing. I will never move any other way again. I have also been recommending this service to anyone who asks. I am so, so satisfied with the experience. – Amy P.
From the quote/reservation process to when I picked up my stuff, ABF was the most professional (and cheapest) option I encountered. I was moving cross-country and needed to do it cheaply; the ABF rep on the phone was very helpful in finding me the best options. – Rosa K.
We had a wonderful experience with ABF. Every ABF employee we spoke to was courteous, helpful, and professional. ABF made our move easy & allowed us to make a vacation out of our cross-country drive. I couldn't be more pleased with the service. – Joel & Allison P.
I really can't say enough about how pleased I was with ABF service from start to finish! The price was very affordable relative to the other options I researched, but the service compels me to suggest ABF to anyone I know looking to make a big cross country move. The reservation agents were almost surprisingly helpful and patient. The container arrived at both the origin and destinations exactly when promised. Both drivers were friendly and jovial. Pick up times were impressive. And absolutely everyone I spoke to on the phone throughout the process was courteous and informative. Really a great team all around! – Neil B.
ABF was an absolutely great experience from start to finish. Customer service was excellent. I felt cared for and like everyone always knew what they were talking about. You all were there when you said you would be and always did what you said you would do. I would totally recommend this service to a friend very happily. Thank you for making a cross-country move so much more manageable and even enjoyable. – Nicole R.
* A limited number of destination locations require payment by credit card in transit. You will be advised if this applies to your area.