Information and tips for moving to Hawthorne, CA - Los Angeles County
Hawthorne has “good vibrations,” after all, it is the Beach Boys own hometown! It’s also home to 84,000 fun loving residents and now you’re moving there! Located only five miles from the Los Angeles International Airport, it is in southwestern Los Angeles County. Keep reading for more helpful and informative information for moving to Hawthorne.
Weather of Hawthorne
- Average temperatures for the year are 62 degrees!
- Average number of rainy days are a total of 35 for the year so fun in the sun is to be expected most all year around!
- Average yearly precipitation is 11.8 inches, mainly falling in January and February.
- Summer high temperatures are in the 70’s, absolutely the best!
- Winter temps range in the 40s and 50s mainly, not bad either!
- There is a 73% chance of sunshine on everyday year around! Wow! Be sure to pack the sunglasses when you move to Hawthorne, CA!
Education in Hawthorne
- The schools of Hawthorne are within three districts, one of which is Hawthorne School District consisting of seven elementary schools, three middle schools, and a charter high school.
- Secondly, the Centinela Valley Union High School District contains five high schools including Hawthorne High School and additionally, one Adult School.
- Third, there is Wiseburn School District which has four schools ranging in grades from kindergarten through ninth grade.
- College available in the area include Los Angeles Southwest College and El Camino Community College.
Sites to see in Hawthorne
So much fun it is to visit the sites in Hawthorne!
- Western Museum of Flight is a place where you will be amazed by the display of aircraft and artifacts that are a part of Southern California’s aviation history!
- Capture some lunch at Nat’s Airport Cafe just a mile away.
- Be sure to stop by the Beach Boys Monument and capture some pictures for your very own memorabilia!
- Redondo Beach or Seaside Lagoon are the places to have some fun in the sun and to enjoy wiggling your toes in the sand! What a way to unwind!
Best Rated Restaurants in Hawthorne
There are many yummy places to eat in Hawthorne!
- India’s Tandoori is highly rated and offers great Indian Cuisine!
- If pizza is on your mind, check out the Pizza Show, which provides dine-in, take out or delivery pizza, pasta, sandwiches, beer and wine!
- Of course, there are also great places like Chipotle Mexican Grill, or B & R Old Fashioned Burgers! Whatever your taste, Hawthorne has your place!
Helpful links for moving to Hawthorne, CA
City WebsiteThe service center for Hawthorne, CA is located in Long Beach, CA.
Chamber of Commerce
Information about Hawthorne, CA
Hawthorne, CA Moving Resources: