Make the Most of Moving to Carrollton, TX
In 2008, Money Magazine named Carrollton, TX one of the top 20 best places to live among small cities in America. Residents of this great town would agree that it hasn't changed to this day. Those found moving to Carrollton, TX from faraway cities are often surprised at what all this suburb of Dallas has to offer. Here's what this very enticing region of the Dallas/Fort Worth metroplex has to offer:
Moving to Carrollton, TX-The Basics
If you're moving to Carrollton, TX to escape the bustle of downtown Dallas, or if you are transferring in from a rural community looking to find jobs in the modern metropolis, you won't be disappointed by the balance of work and play easily maintained within the city limits of Carrollton. The nice thing about living in this community is that all the amenities of Dallas are just a train ride away. Mega expressways also connect every corner of Carrollton to the vast career and leisure possibilities that make up the overall Dallas experience.
- Climate- Carrollton is hot in more ways than one! Bring your shorts and open-toe sandals. Even through most of the winter, lows are in the 40s.
- Population-Carrollton is not much bigger than Scranton, PA. However, it is one of the fastest growing cities in the U.S. and a part of the 4th largest metropolitan area in the country!
- Economy-Carrollton jobs are more plentiful than average. The economy and housing market haven't suffered as badly as other parts of the country over the past few years. An influx of healthcare and technology jobs has helped this area.
- Shopping-Dallas' premier shopping corridor is located just southeast of Carrollton. Check out the glamorous Dallas Galleria located at the I-635 junction with the Dallas North Tollway.
- Transportation-There are three Dallas Area Regional Transit (DART) stops in the Carrollton area. The green line trains "dart" into downtown Dallas from Carrollton in as little as 40 minutes.
- Fun Fact-The ever-popular rap singer "Vanilla Ice" attended high school in Carrollton. He now lives in Florida.
- Food-Carrollton, TX is great for foodies! Like many areas surrounding Dallas, the food service industry in Carrollton takes pride in providing residents with distinctive dining experiences. For some unique local fare, try Zita Cookies, Café Brazil, The Melting Pot Fondue, or Agave Azul Tequila Sanctuary!
- Education-There are literally dozens of impeccable institutions of higher education within driving distance of Carrollton. If you're moving to Carrollton, TX to get a degree, you might consider Brookhaven Community College in Farmers Branch. K-12 Public schools in Carrollton are also rated excellent, with a teacher-student ratio of 1:14.
Helpful Sites for Moving to Carrollton, TX
Carrollton Independent School District
Compare U-Pack to Other Carrollton Moving Companies - You'll Like What You See
Like dozens of other transplants from around the globe, you've decided moving to Carrollton, TX is your best bet. But how will you get all that stuff to your comfy new home? Traditional Carrollton moving companies can really stress your budget! Maybe you and your family just don't want to have to worry with all that driving! If this is the case, you still have another option-U-Pack® Moving! Here's a short rundown on our method:
The service center for Carrollton, TX is located in Dallas, TX.
- U-Pack® drop-off - select a moving trailer or a ReloCube and have it delivered right to your door.
- Pack your stuff - take up to three days to load your furniture and moving boxes.
- U-Pack® pick-up - professional drivers pick up your trailer or ReloCube and drive to your new location in the Carrollton area.
- Unpack your stuff - after a smooth drive into Carrollton in your own vehicle, you unpack your belongings. You can even fly into Dallas if you choose!
Piece of cake! You're all set. U-Pack® takes the stress out of moving without adding in a high ticket price. Compare us with renting a truck or hiring traditional Carrollton moving companies. Once you factor in gas and travel expenses, you'll realize just how attractive U-Pack services can be. For your free custom moving quote, call 1-800-355-1696. Instant quotes are also available online.
Information about Carrollton, TX
Carrollton, TX Moving Resources: