Thinking of Moving to Etter, TX?
Originally established as a railroad stop in the 1930s, Etter is a small, rural community of less than 200 located in the northern panhandle of Texas. Etter’s proximity to Dumas to the south and Cactus to the north gives residents a variety of things to do and access to everything they need to earn a living and enjoy life without the hustle, bustle, and hassles of city life.
Highpoints of Moving to Etter, TX
Here are a few things that will be helpful when making the transition of moving to Etter:
The service center for Etter, TX is located in Amarillo, TX.
- Child Care – Several child care centers, as well as a listing of nanny services, are available through the Childcare Center in Dumas.
- Climate –The climate is generally dry and mild, with temperatures ranging from winter lows in the 30s to summer highs near 90. The sandy soil allows for rapid cooling at night during the summer months, making for pleasant evenings. Rain and snowfall are far below the national average, so it is doubtful you will spend much time dodging thunderstorms or shoveling snow.
- Demographics –The population is about equally split between males and females, with a mix of age groups. The cost of living, including food, utilities, and housing, is below average. Crime is virtually nonexistent. A low cost of living and low crime rate free you from the kind of stress and worry that consume people living in more heavily populated areas.
- Economy - The area has a diverse base of established businesses. Healthcare, hospitality, retail, professional services, and manufacturing have deep roots in the area. Bringing new industry and companies to the area is a priority, which makes the job market promising.
- Education – Parents can choose from a number of schools in nearby Dumas and Cactus. At least five elementary schools are in the area, as well as several junior high and high schools. A number of small and mid-sized public colleges are available in nearby rural and regional towns, including Texas Tech and West Texas A&M.
- Entertainment – You won’t be at a loss for things to do near Etter. The area is loaded with parks and streams where you can enjoy the outdoors. For the sports enthusiast, the area features quite a few sports facilities, including the Dumas Football Stadium and Phillips Park and Pioneer Park baseball fields. You can learn more about the colorful history of the area at the Window on the Plains Museum in Dumas. A number of five-star restaurants are located in the nearby towns of Dumas and Cactus. After dinner, you can go dancing, have a few laughs at a comedy club, or enjoy a night cap at a local bar.
- Health Care – Numerous doctors’ offices, clinics, medical centers, and even an animal hospital are available in nearby Dumas.
- Public Transportation – Three airports, Beauchamp Airstrip, Moore County Airport, and Sunray Airport, serve the area.
Information about Etter, TX
Etter, TX Moving Resources: