Moving to Stratford, CT?
Stratford is best known for aviation. The city became the birthplace of the helicopter when in 1930 Igor Sikorsky flew the first helicopter at his aircraft plant in Stratford. Now, Sikorsky Aircraft Corporation is the largest employer in the area. Once you get to Stratford, you can visit the National Helicopter Museum and experience history. Beyond aviation, there are many things that make Stratford a great place to call home. Take a look!
Highlights of moving to Stratford, CT:
- Stratford is home to 51,384 residents. They are ready for you to add to that number!
- Nearby towns are Bridgeport, Trumbull, Shelton, and Milford.
- Located on Long Island Sound, the area has beaches, marinas, fishing, light houses and more “on the water” fun.
- The weather is very mild and enjoyable. Summer average temperatures are in the mid-70s, and winter averages are in the 30s. Very few extremes here in Stratford.
- There are five islands that are part of Stratford. However, due to low elevation, they are inhabitable.
- The Stratford Board of Education manages 13 local schools with 7,600 students.
- Stratford is home to the Connecticut Brakettes softball team. Several team members have gone on to be Olympians!
- The Square One Theater calls Stratford home. They are the local community theater group and put on many productions annually.
- Great Salt Marsh is part of Great Meadows Wildlife Refuge and is a popular spot for bird migration stops.
- For fun, residents can enjoy any of the numerous park facilities, including a skate park, mini golf, trails, and more.
Moving to Stratford the Affordable Way. Moving can get expensive. Between rental truck rates, fuel, and other added costs, you can easily spend more than your moving budget. Or you could get an affordable move with U-Pack! U-Pack is a great moving service where you pack and load (like truck rental), but then we do all the driving. Because we deliver your belongings right to your door, there are no added costs for fuel, liability coverage, tolls, taxes, or anything. With U-Pack, it is all included in your moving quote. There are no surprises or going over budget. With U-Pack, you just get affordable rates and simple moving.
Get a free moving quote to compare U-Pack to other Stratford moving companies.
Helpful Links for Moving to Stratford, CT.
1010 Woodend Rd
Stratford, CT 06615
|Customer Service:||(203) 375-4623|
If we are not able to provide door-to-door delivery to your city near Stratford, CT, you can save money by loading or unloading at the service center conveniently located in Stratford, CT. If you have questions about serviceability to your location, please call us at 800-240-7422, and a U-Pack Moving Consultant will gladly help.
|Upcoming Holidays Observed:|
|Service may be curtailed. Contact local service center for details.|