Are You Moving to Boones Creek, TN?
Boones Creek is village located in Johnson City, the eighth-largest city in Tennessee and part of the Tri-Cities area of the state. Ranked among the “Best Small Places for Business and Careers" and as one of “10 Least-Expensive Cities For Living” in the United States, Boones Creek is also ranked as one of the best three cities in Tennessee to raise kids. Boones Creek has so much to offer, you’ll wonder why you waited so long to make the move. Indeed, the affordable homes, below-average utility bills and health-care costs, not to mention access to shopping and public transportation, all make Boones Creek the perfect place for you!
Highlights of Moving to Boones Creek, TN
There’s a reason why so many people choose to live in the Tri-Cities area of Tennessee. What’s not to like! The more you learn about Boones Creek, the more you will realize that it offers a delightful, small-town lifestyle with all the amenities of city life. You can really have it all in Boones Creek.
The service center for Boones Creek, TN is located in Blountville, TN.
- Climate – Boones Creek’s offers a perfect “potpourri” of weather. With four distinct seasons, you get a little of everything but too much of any one thing. The average summer temperature is a mild 80 degrees, and the average winter temperature is a mild 40 degrees. Precipitation is moderate and spread evenly from month to month, so you don’t have to worry about being deluged during a rainy season. An occasional snowfall will add some sparkle to your winter, but it’s unlikely you will ever have to dig out of a major blizzard. As part of the Appalachian Ridge and Valley Province, Boones Creek offers breathtaking scenery with steep mountains, rolling hills, and valleys. The seasonal mix means you always have a beautiful change of scenery to look forward to.
- Population – The population of Johnson City is less than 60,000, giving it that small, but not too small, town feel. About 25 percent of the population is families, but with about 30 percent of the population between the ages of 25 to 44, the area appeals to people from all age groups. Unlike some areas, Boones Creek offers a nice balance of families, married couples, and singles. There’s a place for everyone.
- Education – You will be excited at the number of nearby schools. Part of the Washington County School District, Boones Creek offers children a great public education starting in elementary school all the way through high school. With its easy proximity to East Tennessee State University, there are no limits to what your children can achieve academically without going far from home. For smaller children, numerous preschool and day care options are available.
- Entertainment – There is no shortage of entertainment in Boones Creek. Parks, playgrounds, and sports facilities are at your disposal, or you might want to attend a symphony concert, spend an afternoon with the kids at the Hands On! Regional Museum, or shop in historic Jonesborough, the oldest town in Tennessee and home of the National Storytelling Center. When you get hungry, there are scores of places to eat that will satisfy every food craving. The Nolichucky River flows close by, which makes whitewater rafting and kayaking popular options. Other family-friendly activities include hiking and biking trails and some of the best trophy trout fishing in the country. And just a stone’s throw away, you’ll find world-renowned attractions like Bristol Motor Speedway and Bays Mountain and Barter Theatre. You will never be at a loss for something to do in Boones Creek!
- Work – Boones Creek gives you access to the economic hub of Johnson City, so job opportunities are plentiful. The area’s economy is largely fueled by East Tennessee State University (ETSU) and the medical "Med-Tech" corridor, anchored by the Johnson City Medical Center, Franklin Woods Community Hospital, Saratoga Technologies, Inc., and the ETSU Gatton College of Pharmacy and Quillen College of Medicine. Health care isn’t the only industry with a presence in Johnson City, however. Major employers near Boones Creek include American Water Heater Company, R R Donnelley, Cantech Industries, General Shale Brick LLC, Mullican Flooring, NN, Inc., TPI Corporation. and AT&T Wireless.
Information about Boones Creek, TN