Planning on Moving to Tustin, California?
A suburb of Los Angeles, Tustin, CA, is part of Orange County. It has a population of 75,000 and sits next to the city of Santa Ana. The city was named after Columbus Tustin, who founded the city in the 1870s. In 2009, it was included in Forbes magazine's list of “America's Top 25 Towns to Live Well.” Tustin, CA, is marked by a Mediterranean climate, meaning that it experiences warm, dry summers and rather mild winters.
Advantages to Moving to Tustin, CA
- Shop: Tustin has a variety of businesses for all your needs. It has big stores like Big Lots, Costco and Home Depot. A number of smaller, locally owned shops can be found on Main Street and El Camino Real in addition to plazas and centers throughout town.
- Eat: Dozens of restaurants in Tustin, CA, cater to every sort of appetite. Bakeries, pizzerias, family restaurants, seafood, sports grills, ethnic cuisine and fast food are just a few of the venues on the menu.
- See: The rich history of Tustin, CA, can be experienced in Old Town Tustin, with numerous well-preserved historical buildings and a museum. Next door in Santa Ana is the 20-acre Santa Ana Zoo.
- Play: The Tustin Ranch Golf Club will surely delight golfers. Orange County is full of activities. Most significantly, Disneyland is a only 10 minutes away. Newport Beach is a mere 15 minutes down State Road 55.
- Explore: The West Irvine Trail/Peters Canyon Bikeway is just outside of Tustin. A very short drive away is Limestone Canyon Regional Park and Irvine Lake, where you can boat, fish, camp and even listen to concerts.
- Commute: Connected by Interstate 5, Los Angeles is just 45 minutes away by car. There is an Amtrack Station three miles away in Santa Ana. Tustin is served by the Orange County Transportation Authority bus service.
- Learn: Tustin Unified School District provides primary and secondary education. Nearby colleges and universities include University of California--Irvine, Chapman University and Santa Ana College.
- Fun Fact: John Locke, the character played by Terry O'Quinn in the hit TV series Lost, is from Tustin.
Helpful Websites for Moving to Tustin, CA
Community InformationThe service center for Tustin, CA is located in Orange, CA.
Things to see and do
Information about Tustin, CA