Where To Move To Stay Skinny
More and more people are committing to weight loss for their New Year’s resolution in 2013. Instead of joining a gym next year as your motivation to lose weight, it may be time for you to make a call to U-Pack to move to one of these top 5 cities that are made up of healthy individuals. You can find this article about where to move to stay skinny here. Here is a summary from the article:
The top 5 cities to stay skinny include:
#5 Santa Barbara, CA – 60% of the residents in the Santa Barbara area exercise 30 minutes a day, three times a week!
#4 Stamford, CT has a 14.5% obesity rate!
#3 The state of California as a whole has a low obesity rate!
#2 Barnstable, MA – 69% of Barnstable’s get their recommended five daily servings of fruits and veggies.
#1 Boulder, CO has a obesity rate of 12.1%. The city has 80 miles of trails and almost a dozen ski slopes to keep your body skinny!
Facts about obesity:
Information found on the Center for Disease Control website.
- More than 1/3 of U.S. adults are obese…that’s 35.7%.
- In 2008, the costs associated with obesity were $147 billion!
- Non-Hispanic blacks have the highest age-adjusted rates of obesity.
- Higher income women are less likely to be obese than low income women.
- The South had the highest prevalence of obesity in 2011 (29.5%).
- Approximately 17% of children ages 2-19 are obese.
- Obesity can raise some cancer risks and is tied to heart attacks in young adults.
- Obesity is a cause of diabetes in kids.
Want to move to one of these places to stay skinny and combat obesity? Make it your New Year’s Resolution and get moving! Just be sure to have a good amount of money for a home, as home prices in California, Massachusetts, and Colorado can be steep. Let us know if you live in one of the skinny cities above, we’d love to hear your take on how healthy your city is!